i feel like we should be saying something about november.
ode to november
i feel you all around me, in my hair and skin and eyes
your crinkly dryness breaks beneath my feet.
your bright morning light breaks in through the glass
hauntingly deceitful,
spreading the pretense that you are a warmer day.
your short dark evenings pass over while i huddle
and cuddle beneath warm blankets sipping thick chocolate.
you are bitter in your breath as you blow the faces off the trees
but i refuse to see you that way. you inspire sweet cider candles
and we will not stop baking apple pies
you cannot scare me out of my holidays with your howling
and growling and beating against the windows
the harsh frigid air may blow in
but the heater battles on
and on and on
and soon it will be december
but for now
i feel you all around me
november.
Thomas is learning to walk. He is taking feeble steps here and there when he's desperate to get to something he doesn't want to crawl to. John is amazingly well under the busy schedule school inflicts upon him, and we are enjoying the month before Christmas. I have all of Thomas' gifts wrapped, and I'm still brainstorming about John. If you have incredible ideas feel free to email me. In fact even if they're not incredible, email me. We are speaking in church this month, and tomorrow there's a talent show I believe Mr. Wilson will be singing and playing the Piano, and I asked him if he wanted me to accompany him but he said no, it's an essential part of his talent. So it should be good people.
ode to november
i feel you all around me, in my hair and skin and eyes
your crinkly dryness breaks beneath my feet.
your bright morning light breaks in through the glass
hauntingly deceitful,
spreading the pretense that you are a warmer day.
your short dark evenings pass over while i huddle
and cuddle beneath warm blankets sipping thick chocolate.
you are bitter in your breath as you blow the faces off the trees
but i refuse to see you that way. you inspire sweet cider candles
and we will not stop baking apple pies
you cannot scare me out of my holidays with your howling
and growling and beating against the windows
the harsh frigid air may blow in
but the heater battles on
and on and on
and soon it will be december
but for now
i feel you all around me
november.
Thomas is learning to walk. He is taking feeble steps here and there when he's desperate to get to something he doesn't want to crawl to. John is amazingly well under the busy schedule school inflicts upon him, and we are enjoying the month before Christmas. I have all of Thomas' gifts wrapped, and I'm still brainstorming about John. If you have incredible ideas feel free to email me. In fact even if they're not incredible, email me. We are speaking in church this month, and tomorrow there's a talent show I believe Mr. Wilson will be singing and playing the Piano, and I asked him if he wanted me to accompany him but he said no, it's an essential part of his talent. So it should be good people.
Comments
Did you write that poem -- cuz I really like it.