Skip to main content

January !WARNING! Long Post! So much to say...

I'm so excited about January I can't wait to get on with 2009 but at the same time, I can't possibly pass over our vacation to California! Aren't you relieved that a good portion of it was actually January and not December? December is so outdated.



We had such a great time! Thomas slept on the plane on the way there, took great naps during the trip, played nice for Grandma and Aunt Leah while Dad and Mom partied the night, or nights respectively, away. We were able to drive about 5 hours total the day we arrived, in 4 separate occasions, as well as our plane ride, and we still consider ourselves lucky, being that we flew, were healthy, ate steak, and were together as a family.



I especially enjoyed the fun chats I had with my in-laws. Little shopping trips here and some Nintendo Wii there. A tiny serving of The Twilight Zone, and a large helping of swing dancing the night away! I got so much shopping in I think I will be good for at least another week. Then off to the stores to spend Christmas money! Okay. The money is NOT burning a hole in my pocket.



We had some great meals. I mean steak, chicken, halibut, scallops, shrimp, ham, why am I just listing meat? Potato casserole, apple pie, chocolate covered giant pretzels, chocolate covered almonds, grilled cheese- don't dis on grilled cheese people, ice cream shake, I better stop I'm considering a midnight snack... Oh and que Mr. Wilson with ice cream. Nevermind, I'm giving in. Unfortunately healthy food is not one of my new goals this year. Or fortunately.



We were able to spend time with Mr. Wilson's parents and step-parents, as well as each of his sisters except our favorite Minnesotan sister and her cute family. And to top it all off we became Uncle and Aunt respectively, again during our trip! I mean, who can top that? Happy New Year's Eve, and then New Year's morning and it was my delightful little sister's SPECIAL 10th birthday. This is a big deal, so don't pretend you can't remember when you turned 10. I for one, was traveling with my Grandparents to Washington D.C. Good times. Go MACK, you are so old now!



I even got an awkward pausing moment when Aunt Dolly asked me if I'm prego with numero Two-O. For the record, I'm not, but it was a good awkward pause. Umm, wow.



So I did miss my family for Christmas, but it was so nice to see them for Thanksgiving, and to have our first little Christmas together. So I did record Christmas morning over some less important skinny me filming for the posterity, but so what?? And it was really nice to spend the holidays with the in-laws for the first time. Go figure it would be a BLAST! I decided the more family the better! More games, goodies, and gifts to go around!




I promise to say more about how cute my nieces and nephews are, and about the game mania we were having at a later date! Pictures to follow. For now, I'm signing off!




Comments

Thank you for coming over and spending some of your time with me and Karl. We missed seeing Thomas but good chat time anyways. I'm glad he was a good traveler and that you guys had so much fun. That means you will want to do it again! When baby gets bigger we hope to make it out your way and see your neck of the woods. Keeping posting!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Spencer!

Spencer David Wilson was born on Monday at 5:42 am, at American Fork Hospital. A few hours later John and I agreed on a name for him at last. He was 7 pounds, 5.2 ounces, and 20 inches long. He has dark fine baby hair. It is so soft! He has a very red complexion compared with Thomas, and a fuller face and darker hair. My mommy has come to take care of me and we are having a great time in spite of having a flu bug which has gotten to several people unfortunately, including my mom and my sister and Thomas, but not John, Spencer, or me. Everyone is on the mend so we are praying for no more sickness! I delivered with the Mt. Timpanogos Women's Health Center and Claudia was my midwife, and Joanne was my doula and Kimmi my nurse. Karyann my sister, and John were also there and it was a great experience to have such a devoted team! I can't begin to tell you what a completely different experience it was compared with Thomas' birth. Everyone was emotionally there as well ...

A Pregnant Post by Paige about Pregnancy

Here's the belly progression: 6 Months 8.5 Months Warning! This post may contain personal musings about pregnancy. It may read like a journal. It may contain baby excitement and overall feelings of joy. So I have been stepping on things lately. Mostly toys. How is this possible, you ask? Those of you familiar with my adroit walking skills may be puzzled at this point. I know I was until I took a shower this morning. And I couldn't see my feet at all; not a hint of them, no toes, nothing, not even when leaning forward could I see anything but a belly button sun on the horizon of a large earth belly. And that is why I've been stepping on things. Thomas' toy hammer, a plastic giraffe, the zipper of John's coat . . . The loss of my peripheral vision going down is apparently complete. I can't see where I am stepping! What a frightening feeling. I have also been walking into common household objects with my belly. Doorknobs and chairs. Major medial disco...

Sweepstakes! Paige wins MONEY!!!

Don't you love starburst? http://www.starburst.com/ Yes, this is a promotional blog entry because of how much I love my Grandma and Grandpa, Pinatas and, Starburst! Oh, and money. Once upon a time in the summer of 2009, Paige went on a family reunion trip to the middle of nowhere after which reunion John blogged about life preservers on horseback. (Follow links on the right to read John's blog) Before we returned home to the safety of our own life jacket-less lives, we enjoyed a pinata with the cousins. Hiding behind the tree from which the pinata swung violently, I safely would look out for breakage in the pinata and subsequent candy wreakage on the grass beneath. Finally my moment arrived! Among the 20 grandchildren or so present, I dove into the mass of cousin arms and legs and grabbed at all candy visible and invisible (the candy under Colton when he decided to lay on the stash for its protection). I realize now that the failures of my youth to gather pinata can...