Do you think rebellious Easter Island teenagers tried to knock over the Easter Island heads for fun on weekends? There seems to be a seismic connection to Easter Island teenagers and my little boy who's new favorite hobby is downing bar stools. And going in for the tackle is the little guy, ladies and gentlemen the stool teeters . . . it totters- it's down! That's two for T bird and he's off, he doesn't even look back!
Although the weather is deceitfully windy, we managed to go grocery shopping a la stroller with crackers, string cheese and milk for company. Fortunately, T bird found this quite satisfactory. He is slumbering in an angel-like state as we speak . . . or whatever.
I'm sad that my friends are moving (all of them) but I am going to make colorful sugar cookies to improve my attitude about it (maybe I'll save that for Friday too). I found this really cool recipe blog and if I can only find it again there may be culinary success in my future.
When I post exciting new things my baby-who-is-no-longer-a-baby can do I am quilt ridden for even thinking such cliche thoughts, and torn between my exultatant joy over his meager progress in the world of Earth. Today I'll put it to verse-ish.
T bird You Rascal-
I can't hold back the half smile
gracing my lips as I peer into your
sweet round chunky cheeked-face
A whole complete sentence is like
a graduate school diploma
in my glazed and droopy motherhood eyes
"Where'd the cracker go?" is so astute.
You genius you.
You remembered where the crackers were
you pointed expectantly to their place.
When my mind failed to comprehend
and asked what? again you repeated that
perfect line,
Where'd the cracker go?
For that great feat I supplied
animal crackers to your eye
and so with vigor you replied
goo goo gaga thanks for the cracker.
Yes I am in awe of you brains
I'm sure you'll continue to make great gains.
Love your ever-indulgent and simple-minded mother
Comments