This may be my first post about church, which makes me laugh because every Saturday I remorsefully review the days activities and the truth that I will not, cannot, or choose not to prepare my stuff for church until Sunday morning before it begins. Then, each Sunday morning I run around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to figure out what I need, and how I can get it out the door as fast as possible. Once this is accomplished we're off to church. The second and third hour of church I spend with the children 3-11 years old doing singing time in which I teach them new songs and hope they remember the words so we can perform them for their parents in a beautiful and not-too-embarrassing manner.
As you know, children love to wiggle and giggle, and chat when they get together if not worse things that involve projectiles, tears, and or possibly children actually getting out of their seats. (can you imagine such a thing?) So it may come as no surprise to you that we have good days and bad days so to speak, or great days and much less than great days. Well this Sunday was a beauty! Not only were they quiet, but they sang beautifully, they participated, paid attention, raised their hands, remembered the words! It was pretty much the best day of my life. Primary kids, I officially love you.
As you know, children love to wiggle and giggle, and chat when they get together if not worse things that involve projectiles, tears, and or possibly children actually getting out of their seats. (can you imagine such a thing?) So it may come as no surprise to you that we have good days and bad days so to speak, or great days and much less than great days. Well this Sunday was a beauty! Not only were they quiet, but they sang beautifully, they participated, paid attention, raised their hands, remembered the words! It was pretty much the best day of my life. Primary kids, I officially love you.
Comments