Here's the belly progression: 6 Months
8.5 Months
Warning! This post may contain personal musings about pregnancy. It may read like a journal. It may contain baby excitement and overall feelings of joy.
I have also been walking into common household objects with my belly. Doorknobs and chairs. Major medial discomfort if you know what I mean.
So I decided to compile a list for you (for me) of things I will be missing and not missing about this pregnancy.
Things I will NOT miss from pregnancy:
Zits
Have a protruding belly.
Not being able to sleep on my protruding belly.
Random non-relative's children rubbing my belly.
Playing the waiting game
Contractions of all kinds
Running into things and therefore hurting my protruding belly.
Heartburn!
Waking up STARVING before 1am.
Waking up STARVING again after 1am.
Needing to get up to pee more than 0 times per night.
Needing to pee more than 4 times per night.
Things I love of about this pregnancy compared to my first:
My face waited a couple months longer to break out!
The water retention is a million times better- woohoo! Less leg/foot pain.
I like my haircut this time
I have a 1 year old to rub lotion on my "baby" (belly) for me
I get to take naps!
I feel more prepared in every way for labor, delivery, and post-partumdom
I actually know my neighbors and ward members which makes it less awkward to waddle past their houses
To end on a positive note:
Things I will miss about being pregnant:
Feeling the baby "dance" (it's not as cool when Thomas tries to kick Mommy too)
Looking pregnant
Having a convenient "shelf" to hold Thomas on.
Having a definite event in life to look forward to on a daily basis.
Being able to give all my energy and attention to my one child.
Nesting (it is so convenient to actually want to dejunk, clean, and organize and learn to knit!)
Comments