This morning, with the sunny breeze blowing in through the blinds, the warm covers pulled over me, and T bird still sleeping at 8 am, I thought to myself, "This is the best day of my life." I couldn't believe it was even possible for my baby to sleep in at all, let alone past 7.
Yesterday at the doctor's he recommended that I leave T bird in bed until 7 am (even if he cries) because he should sleep past 5:30 or 6:30. So this morning as he was making his first cries out at 5 I hoped he would fall back asleep. I wouldn't be able to handle crying from 5-7. It seemed he would cry out and then fall back asleep about every 15 minutes from 5:30 until 6:15. Once we hit six I remembered John's words from the night before, "Don't plan on actually sleeping from 6-7 just because he's in bed." I began dreading the next half hour. And then looking back at the clock it was only 6:15, forty five minutes to go seemed like an eternity. He cried off and on for about 15-20 minutes.
I woke up at 7. The house was silent. John was still sleeping. No T bird in bed with us. Wow, that wasn't so bad. Rolling over, I drifted back into sweet dreams (that were actually very confusing...)
I woke up at 8. Eight am! We did it, we slept! I felt so well rested how could this happen, it was like heaven on Earth.
Next thing I knew, John was leaving for work, on his way out he got a phone call, answered it, and slammed the door (so it would latch). Needless to say, that's the part where T bird and I got up and ate a waffle. I haven't seen my boy so happy in the morning for a while. He played in a laundry basket for 20 minutes by himself.
And the morning air is still sifting in through the window. The sunlight is making patterns on the walls, and this is a great day.
Yesterday at the doctor's he recommended that I leave T bird in bed until 7 am (even if he cries) because he should sleep past 5:30 or 6:30. So this morning as he was making his first cries out at 5 I hoped he would fall back asleep. I wouldn't be able to handle crying from 5-7. It seemed he would cry out and then fall back asleep about every 15 minutes from 5:30 until 6:15. Once we hit six I remembered John's words from the night before, "Don't plan on actually sleeping from 6-7 just because he's in bed." I began dreading the next half hour. And then looking back at the clock it was only 6:15, forty five minutes to go seemed like an eternity. He cried off and on for about 15-20 minutes.
I woke up at 7. The house was silent. John was still sleeping. No T bird in bed with us. Wow, that wasn't so bad. Rolling over, I drifted back into sweet dreams (that were actually very confusing...)
I woke up at 8. Eight am! We did it, we slept! I felt so well rested how could this happen, it was like heaven on Earth.
Next thing I knew, John was leaving for work, on his way out he got a phone call, answered it, and slammed the door (so it would latch). Needless to say, that's the part where T bird and I got up and ate a waffle. I haven't seen my boy so happy in the morning for a while. He played in a laundry basket for 20 minutes by himself.
And the morning air is still sifting in through the window. The sunlight is making patterns on the walls, and this is a great day.
Comments