Skip to main content

Bo and California

So Thomas and I returned from California yesterday in time for me to go to Enrichment with some chocolate covered Pineapple and eat much yummy food. It was okay with John to let me go, since he's missed Thomas so badly.

The house was completely immaculated. Including the closets. John spent the week decluttering, vacuuming, washing, picking up and organizing. Of course, what husband doesn't do all these things when his wife is away? Oh, and I forgot eating. The only things left in the fridge now are carrots, milk, and duck eggs, along with the condiments in the door shelves.

I was sure that T bird reciprocated John's most tenderest feelings, but I must admit to having trouble tapping into them until he arrived to pick us up. Before he could get out of the car, Thomas was yelling, "Daddy!"

T bird is learning to talk. It's the craziest thing, but very true. As we walked through the airport at speeds rivaling 11 mph he yelled, "Bo" and "Hi" and "Papa" at people. We've decided to call the baby "Bobby" for now, since that's how T bird says baby.

So far today we've had cereal, played catch, (or fetch), read stories, cuddled, and tried on Daddy's hats. This is our To-do list:
Clean the kitchen,
Unpack
Do a load of Laundry
Grocery shopping,
Walk,
Play outside
Call Grandma

So the weather in California was weird just like here, minus thunderclouds, but including a bit of rain. We had fresh orange smoothies. Mom would start blending the smoothy and then say, "I need more oranges! I'll be right back!" And then run into the backyard and grab a couple more. Thomas thought it was great that balls grow on trees. Who knew?

We drove to San Diego to see my friend get married in the fresh ocean air above the beach in Pt. Loma. It was fun and low-key. Thomas was pretty excited about the bubbles and goldfish crackers. I tried to keep him away from the lemonade pitcher with the convenient turn nozzle for toddler use. Great Grandpa Doty had just taught him to throw balls into a bucket, and when he saw the giant black bucket his cup and goldfish crackers were the first things to get tossed in. Some people take "throwing" away literally.

I will post pictures from the Contemporary Museum of Art in San Diego soon!

Comments

Sarah said…
I'm so glad I found your blog. Where are you living? We have to catch up!
He is getting big so fast! I can't wait to see you guys. I'm so glad you got to visit your family in S. Cali. John is such an amazing husband! Who knew he would decide to clean, I never pegged him for that!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Spencer!

Spencer David Wilson was born on Monday at 5:42 am, at American Fork Hospital. A few hours later John and I agreed on a name for him at last. He was 7 pounds, 5.2 ounces, and 20 inches long. He has dark fine baby hair. It is so soft! He has a very red complexion compared with Thomas, and a fuller face and darker hair. My mommy has come to take care of me and we are having a great time in spite of having a flu bug which has gotten to several people unfortunately, including my mom and my sister and Thomas, but not John, Spencer, or me. Everyone is on the mend so we are praying for no more sickness! I delivered with the Mt. Timpanogos Women's Health Center and Claudia was my midwife, and Joanne was my doula and Kimmi my nurse. Karyann my sister, and John were also there and it was a great experience to have such a devoted team! I can't begin to tell you what a completely different experience it was compared with Thomas' birth. Everyone was emotionally there as well ...

A Pregnant Post by Paige about Pregnancy

Here's the belly progression: 6 Months 8.5 Months Warning! This post may contain personal musings about pregnancy. It may read like a journal. It may contain baby excitement and overall feelings of joy. So I have been stepping on things lately. Mostly toys. How is this possible, you ask? Those of you familiar with my adroit walking skills may be puzzled at this point. I know I was until I took a shower this morning. And I couldn't see my feet at all; not a hint of them, no toes, nothing, not even when leaning forward could I see anything but a belly button sun on the horizon of a large earth belly. And that is why I've been stepping on things. Thomas' toy hammer, a plastic giraffe, the zipper of John's coat . . . The loss of my peripheral vision going down is apparently complete. I can't see where I am stepping! What a frightening feeling. I have also been walking into common household objects with my belly. Doorknobs and chairs. Major medial disco...

Sweepstakes! Paige wins MONEY!!!

Don't you love starburst? http://www.starburst.com/ Yes, this is a promotional blog entry because of how much I love my Grandma and Grandpa, Pinatas and, Starburst! Oh, and money. Once upon a time in the summer of 2009, Paige went on a family reunion trip to the middle of nowhere after which reunion John blogged about life preservers on horseback. (Follow links on the right to read John's blog) Before we returned home to the safety of our own life jacket-less lives, we enjoyed a pinata with the cousins. Hiding behind the tree from which the pinata swung violently, I safely would look out for breakage in the pinata and subsequent candy wreakage on the grass beneath. Finally my moment arrived! Among the 20 grandchildren or so present, I dove into the mass of cousin arms and legs and grabbed at all candy visible and invisible (the candy under Colton when he decided to lay on the stash for its protection). I realize now that the failures of my youth to gather pinata can...