Dear July,
You hold so much for me and yet I don't appreciate you.
Your warmth exhausts and bores me, yet this winter I will miss you.
I have spent my whole summer awaiting your arrival,
and now you are like an old friend who stopped in for a minute
while I was on the phone, cleaning the dishes, eating lunch,
and listening to music
and then you were gone
and I wondered where did you go July?
Next year I hope we get a chance to chat.
Paige
As many of you know, I went to California to see my brother when he came home from his mission and then my family came up here for my Great Uncle Don's funeral. It was nice to see my mom's cousins again. Lucinda is my favorite because she adores me. I don't even know why, but she is such a doll, always giggling and enjoying life.
The next week John and I flew (with Thomas) to Sacramento and we spent the week with John's sisters and had an excellent time with all the kiddos together. It was great to see Thomas with his cousins! We also had excellent timing since John's mom has moved suddenly for her husband Dan to accept a new job at Berkeley.
Thomas learned new words, astonished his Aunts with his outrageous appetite, and learned to love the pool! I was kind of surprised when with his timidity at first, and I figured he'd warm up to swimming eventually, but he waxed confident so suddenly I didn't even know what hit me!
Upon our return to summer in Springville, we planned a trip to Colorado to visit John's Grandma for her birthday. As it turned out fixing our car up for the road was let's just say more akin to buying a car than merely paying for gas. We loved the beautiful drive into Colorado and being spoiled by Grandma Harrison. John and I lost miserably at Phase 10 (we tried not to be too miserable- the chocolate we ate helped) but we had a good time with family.
Now that we are back it seems like July has gone by way too fast, but being a fat pregger woman in summer, the time can keep sailing by, I'm not complaining! Thomas has just celebrated his half birthday, which means the lucky tike got some shots this week at the doctors. I wanted to ask the doctor to do the Hepatitis A shot separately when I read the side-effects, but I didn't have a good reason, since he's had that one before with no problems, and so they gave him all the shots at the same time. Now the poor guy has itchy hives, but he's been really good about it, and only complained once with a frustrated sigh- moan- growl and a big bought of "rub-my-face-as-fast-as-I-can." Other than that he hasn't uttered a peep of complaint. For his next round of shots, I'll have them hold the Hep A for a couple months and do it separately. As per the doctor's recommendation anyway. It's crazy what mother's intuition can give you if you just listen to it!
Comments