Skip to main content

Pictures!

This next post begins with Thomas' Aunt MariAnn. Thomas has been trying to say her name all morning, and it ranges between something like mean-man to me-ah-yann-yann. My favorite sounds like Welcome to Miami, Vienvenido a Miami (mee-ah-mee). Unfortunately for the creative interpreters he has finally solidified his adaptation semi-permanantly as Me-Ann, which sounds very much less exciting than a 5 syllable rendition. Since he has named his Aunt Karyann Key-Ann, Me-Ann makes sense but I have to admit I was hoping he would keep up Me-ah-yann-yann...
So MariAnn is John's sister and she has blossomed into a talented historian. Or in otherwords, she does a great job of photographing every event. While we were in Colorado visiting John's Grandma, MariAnn let us copy her pictures onto our computer so tada! When we develop our film, I promise to add some more.
We went to a fun park, and here were the amenities:
A river runs through it for the children, complete with bridges.
(Thomas' pronounciations follow in parenthesis) This is John's Aunt Jill (Jink) and our niece Natalie (Me-Anna)

This is a fun train you can ride for a dollar, Thomas cried when he saw the picture of this "choo-choo" because wants it right now!


Picnic tables. Besides a lovely lawn and occational shade there are
hills to roll down, a petting zoo, and even bathrooms. Wow. John squinting in the sun, and Thomas caught-unawheres with food in his mouth.

Speaking of shady lawn, here's our tiny clan, and Thomas playing peek-a-boo!
He thought the shade blanket over his stroller was great for surprising unsuspecting adults.
Who would have thought there was a child in that stroller?!


This magic moment brought to you by Thomas dipping his Lays Potato Chips into Grandpa Harrison's potato salad. I love the surprised look on Carri's face. From L to R it's Karissa, Richie, Carri, Grandpa, Thomas, Paige.

Changing scene a bit, here are some pictures from July at MariAnn's house:


Here's Uncle Karl (KahKul) and cute cousin Kylie at their clean house in cozy California.


Thomas is telling Aunt Me-Ann a story.


Loves!

Comments

He is just too much! I love that you can write how he pronounces our names. I can just hear his little voice calling out. We had so much fun with you all here! I look forward to doing it again and am so thankful he knows who we are.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Spencer!

Spencer David Wilson was born on Monday at 5:42 am, at American Fork Hospital. A few hours later John and I agreed on a name for him at last. He was 7 pounds, 5.2 ounces, and 20 inches long. He has dark fine baby hair. It is so soft! He has a very red complexion compared with Thomas, and a fuller face and darker hair. My mommy has come to take care of me and we are having a great time in spite of having a flu bug which has gotten to several people unfortunately, including my mom and my sister and Thomas, but not John, Spencer, or me. Everyone is on the mend so we are praying for no more sickness! I delivered with the Mt. Timpanogos Women's Health Center and Claudia was my midwife, and Joanne was my doula and Kimmi my nurse. Karyann my sister, and John were also there and it was a great experience to have such a devoted team! I can't begin to tell you what a completely different experience it was compared with Thomas' birth. Everyone was emotionally there as well ...

A Pregnant Post by Paige about Pregnancy

Here's the belly progression: 6 Months 8.5 Months Warning! This post may contain personal musings about pregnancy. It may read like a journal. It may contain baby excitement and overall feelings of joy. So I have been stepping on things lately. Mostly toys. How is this possible, you ask? Those of you familiar with my adroit walking skills may be puzzled at this point. I know I was until I took a shower this morning. And I couldn't see my feet at all; not a hint of them, no toes, nothing, not even when leaning forward could I see anything but a belly button sun on the horizon of a large earth belly. And that is why I've been stepping on things. Thomas' toy hammer, a plastic giraffe, the zipper of John's coat . . . The loss of my peripheral vision going down is apparently complete. I can't see where I am stepping! What a frightening feeling. I have also been walking into common household objects with my belly. Doorknobs and chairs. Major medial disco...

Sweepstakes! Paige wins MONEY!!!

Don't you love starburst? http://www.starburst.com/ Yes, this is a promotional blog entry because of how much I love my Grandma and Grandpa, Pinatas and, Starburst! Oh, and money. Once upon a time in the summer of 2009, Paige went on a family reunion trip to the middle of nowhere after which reunion John blogged about life preservers on horseback. (Follow links on the right to read John's blog) Before we returned home to the safety of our own life jacket-less lives, we enjoyed a pinata with the cousins. Hiding behind the tree from which the pinata swung violently, I safely would look out for breakage in the pinata and subsequent candy wreakage on the grass beneath. Finally my moment arrived! Among the 20 grandchildren or so present, I dove into the mass of cousin arms and legs and grabbed at all candy visible and invisible (the candy under Colton when he decided to lay on the stash for its protection). I realize now that the failures of my youth to gather pinata can...