For the longest time- weeks that is- Thomas has been using the F word. Several times he ran into kitchen to proclaim it loudly and then ran away. Seems almost devious, no? We keep hearing it pop up every once in a while, but we couldn't figure out what he meant by it. T bird can be so matter-of-fact. Well, a couple days ago some adorable cheerleader from Springville HS in very modest shorts came with her mom to deliver this sign. A banner if you will. It heralds attention for the devil who lives below us. (How appropriate.)
The cheerleader and cheerleader mother hung the banner above the downstair's window, advantageously an inch above Thomas' reach.
That night when John came home Thomas and I greeted him at the porch and Thomas pointed to the sign and said,
"F*&%!."
This was not the first time he had used this word to describe the school spirit sign. Embarrassed, John's eyes got bigger each time Thomas repeated it until he hauled him into the house.
Finally last night I was outside with Thomas, and I asked him what the poster is, and I was not surprised to hear the same word repeated. Fortunately for both Thomas and myself, a friend was on hand to lend a listening ear.
"flag?" she offered.
Why hadn't I thought of it before? I couldn't believe my ears! A solution at last. All I have to do is teach Thomas to pronounce 'flag.' To be sure we had solved the case, I asked Thomas,
"is this a flag?"
"uh-huh."
Wow.
Then I changed my mind at taught him that the flag is now a sign. Sign is not hard to say. Sign, sign, sign.
Shitake Mushrooms. Thomas has also been taking the liberty at such a young age of using our most derogatory term for feces. Luckily, this word has been quite clear from day one. Shirt. R is hard to pronounce. Just a tiny cringe will suffice.
And now this week, we have been having sandwiches with Peanut Butter and Dam. What do you know? Dam isn't even a bad word.
Don't you fear, he can't even pronounce Hell. He says hewow for hello.
The cheerleader and cheerleader mother hung the banner above the downstair's window, advantageously an inch above Thomas' reach.
That night when John came home Thomas and I greeted him at the porch and Thomas pointed to the sign and said,
"F*&%!."
This was not the first time he had used this word to describe the school spirit sign. Embarrassed, John's eyes got bigger each time Thomas repeated it until he hauled him into the house.
Finally last night I was outside with Thomas, and I asked him what the poster is, and I was not surprised to hear the same word repeated. Fortunately for both Thomas and myself, a friend was on hand to lend a listening ear.
"flag?" she offered.
Why hadn't I thought of it before? I couldn't believe my ears! A solution at last. All I have to do is teach Thomas to pronounce 'flag.' To be sure we had solved the case, I asked Thomas,
"is this a flag?"
"uh-huh."
Wow.
Then I changed my mind at taught him that the flag is now a sign. Sign is not hard to say. Sign, sign, sign.
Shitake Mushrooms. Thomas has also been taking the liberty at such a young age of using our most derogatory term for feces. Luckily, this word has been quite clear from day one. Shirt. R is hard to pronounce. Just a tiny cringe will suffice.
And now this week, we have been having sandwiches with Peanut Butter and Dam. What do you know? Dam isn't even a bad word.
Don't you fear, he can't even pronounce Hell. He says hewow for hello.
Comments