
Spencer David Wilson was born on Monday at 5:42 am, at American Fork Hospital. A few hours later John and I agreed on a name for him at last. He was 7 pounds, 5.2 ounces, and 20 inches long. He has dark fine baby hair. It is so soft! He has a very red complexion compared with Thomas, and a fuller face and darker hair. My mommy has come to take care of me and we are having a great time in spite of having a flu bug which has gotten to several people unfortunately, including my mom and my sister and Thomas, but not John, Spencer, or me. Everyone is on the mend so we are praying for no more sickness!
I delivered with the Mt. Timpanogos Women's Health Center and Claudia was my midwife, and Joanne was my doula and Kimmi my nurse. Karyann my sister, and John were also there and it was a great experience to have such a devoted team! I can't begin to tell you what a completely different experience it was compared with Thomas' birth. Everyone was emotionally there as well as physically, pushing on my back for counter pressure, giving me foot rubs, and cold wash cloths and blankets as needed. The nurse did an amazing job being non-obtrusive monitoring the baby and handling procedures in a way that didn't distract from my focus.
We ended up being at the hospital for 3 hours before he was born. I was relieved to be at a 7 when I checked in, since I did most of my laboring at home with John. Then John went to sleep and I worked through my contractions with my mom and Joanne until it was time to go to the hospital around 3 am.
Thomas is pretty happy about the baby, and not confused at all about accepting that it's out of my tummy and there's no baby inside anymore. He loves to hold "brudder" and he pronounces Spencer pretty well, although I think he forgets his name sometimes. I'm surprised he's got the concept of brother so well. It seemed hard before Spencer was born. What Thomas is confused about seems to be why Mommy is being different and not running around with him and carrying him and so he spent a while laying on my crying and whining. Today has been much better and I'm sure he'll figure it all out soon enough.
I will post my labor story for those of you who are interested in the play by play later this week! Love you all thanks for reading the blog!
Comments
Love ya lots! Lauren :)