I posted last time that I would continue my labor story later "this week" which was a couple weeks ago I believe. I wouldn't lie to you but I admit I have overestimated my abilities! I promise not to leave you hanging much longer.
This is a monumental day.
Thomas is sleeping in a "big bed" for the first time. He went down for a nap on a twin bed. I was wondering if he would stay in bed, and hoping he would so I didn't want to plant seeds of rebellion by telling him to stay in bed, or else. I decided to just see how it would go. A few short minutes after I laid him down he called out for milk. That's a good sign, I think, since he could have gotten out of bed and come for the milk himself.
My in-laws just left.
They were here this week for Thanksgiving, and they took us shopping yesterday, hence Thomas' "big bed." They were very generous and I feel like it is Christmas morning every time I look around my house. Beautiful natural light pours through our living room window onto the luscious Christmas tree. Luscious is not a word I would use to describe any of our trees from Christmases past. We had tall lanky Charlie Brown trees and a super cute short one, but this year John and I decided to go ahead and get a beautiful tree. It is so perfect it seems fake, and I feel guilty that it's not real. But it smells divine because it is. Really real.
Spencer
This morning Spencer looked deep into my eyes. He actually looked at me and kept on looking. It's like a new part of him has awakened. Grandpa noticed it too, "He looks so alert this morning." And so he is.
John and I have had each of our parents here now since Spencer was born, and they have each contributed gifts to our lives. Spiritual gifts, baby gift items, service, cleaning, homemade gifts, thoughtful presents to enrich our lives, and food! After this holiday to reflect with Thanksgiving on my life I feel blessed to be a daughter and daughter in law, a wife and a mother with a brand new baby. Everything has changed and in turn each of us has changed. Our parents have come to support us and now they have gone.
And so a new page turns in the book of our lives and we are left, the four of us to continue our story in this new chapter beginning with a first Christmas season. It reminds me of the first Christmas, and that new little family.
This is a monumental day.
Thomas is sleeping in a "big bed" for the first time. He went down for a nap on a twin bed. I was wondering if he would stay in bed, and hoping he would so I didn't want to plant seeds of rebellion by telling him to stay in bed, or else. I decided to just see how it would go. A few short minutes after I laid him down he called out for milk. That's a good sign, I think, since he could have gotten out of bed and come for the milk himself.
My in-laws just left.
They were here this week for Thanksgiving, and they took us shopping yesterday, hence Thomas' "big bed." They were very generous and I feel like it is Christmas morning every time I look around my house. Beautiful natural light pours through our living room window onto the luscious Christmas tree. Luscious is not a word I would use to describe any of our trees from Christmases past. We had tall lanky Charlie Brown trees and a super cute short one, but this year John and I decided to go ahead and get a beautiful tree. It is so perfect it seems fake, and I feel guilty that it's not real. But it smells divine because it is. Really real.
Spencer
This morning Spencer looked deep into my eyes. He actually looked at me and kept on looking. It's like a new part of him has awakened. Grandpa noticed it too, "He looks so alert this morning." And so he is.
John and I have had each of our parents here now since Spencer was born, and they have each contributed gifts to our lives. Spiritual gifts, baby gift items, service, cleaning, homemade gifts, thoughtful presents to enrich our lives, and food! After this holiday to reflect with Thanksgiving on my life I feel blessed to be a daughter and daughter in law, a wife and a mother with a brand new baby. Everything has changed and in turn each of us has changed. Our parents have come to support us and now they have gone.
And so a new page turns in the book of our lives and we are left, the four of us to continue our story in this new chapter beginning with a first Christmas season. It reminds me of the first Christmas, and that new little family.
Comments