Once upon a time a newlywed couple perused bookshelves in a well-known bookstore, looking to spend an "employee of the month" giftcard. Walking by the self-help isle, the husband glanced at a few titles before the subject was snubbed by the wife, who viewed all literature as written for enjoyment and self-help books as not written for that purpose.
John surprised me by bringing up this experience because I have been reading quite a bit of self help books lately. Enough that I feel guilty blogging because I should be reading or sleeping or more importantly- working on my New Year's goals. I am really excited about the things I'm aiming to do this year and I can't believe January is well on it's way out with all I have set to do.
In order to be effective or should I say resolute in my resolutions? anyway, in order to up the odds for my success, I'm reading Eat That Frog. I'm also studying children's sleep by reading The No-Cry Sleep Solution, and discipline by reading 1-2-3 Magic. I have purchased a book on organization and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival.
Since I'm still in the goal-setting stage I can't really tell you what my goals are for the year, but I want to be a more organized in general, and that is my overall goal. So I'm thinking of starting another blog-ya know organize those crazy streams of consciousness- and I'm even considering blogging about food. You heard me, like a cooking blog. Phew I said it. Maybe not. But perhaps.
So I love you all, and I'll be back. This year is gonna be great!
Love,
Paige
John surprised me by bringing up this experience because I have been reading quite a bit of self help books lately. Enough that I feel guilty blogging because I should be reading or sleeping or more importantly- working on my New Year's goals. I am really excited about the things I'm aiming to do this year and I can't believe January is well on it's way out with all I have set to do.
In order to be effective or should I say resolute in my resolutions? anyway, in order to up the odds for my success, I'm reading Eat That Frog. I'm also studying children's sleep by reading The No-Cry Sleep Solution, and discipline by reading 1-2-3 Magic. I have purchased a book on organization and I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival.
Since I'm still in the goal-setting stage I can't really tell you what my goals are for the year, but I want to be a more organized in general, and that is my overall goal. So I'm thinking of starting another blog-ya know organize those crazy streams of consciousness- and I'm even considering blogging about food. You heard me, like a cooking blog. Phew I said it. Maybe not. But perhaps.
So I love you all, and I'll be back. This year is gonna be great!
Love,
Paige
Comments