Spencer is a sweetheart. He is a calm and peaceful child. When he was born he would nestle in close to me and my heart was full. He is patient. When he was just born I tried to spend time with Thomas to let him know he was still my Thomas. One morning I was playing with Thomas and holding the baby, and Thomas got excited and riled up and started spinning around. Suddenly he lost his balanced and flipped into the piano- mouth first. I jumped up, lying newborn Spencer on the floor to comfort Thomas. After icing, calling the doctor, giving hugs and loves I returned to where Spencer was as calm as ever taking it all in.
As a newborn, Spencer rarely cried. He began sleeping through the night right away, which at first caused many Mommy-night-wakings to check on him, but after a little while I began to appreciate this marvelous gift. When he would get fussy bouncing did the trick, whether it was swaddling and bouncing or patting him on the back and dancing and bouncing, bouncing seemed to be the magic bullet.
Spencer's world has revolved around Thomas for a long time. As soon as I was expecting Thomas I felt that he had a friend in heaven that was very interested in him. Once he was born, I knew that his little brother was in heaven watching him and missing him, anxiously anticipating the day when they would be reunited. I frequently thought of Joseph and his older brother Hyrum and how, although they were 5 years apart they were practically inseparable. Now that Spencer is here he spends his time watching Thomas' every move. Giggles often ensue when Thomas is near, regardless of whether his gaze even remotely reaches Spencer. I have no doubts that good times await these boys.
Comments