I don't usually talk religion on my blog, I'm not against it, but usually it's not when I'm writing about, but today is different. I was reading in the Book of Mormon 3 Nephi Chapter 13:
Is not the life more than meat, and the body than draiment?
The Savior is asking an interesting question. Do we value our bodies and ourselves more than we value clothing?
My grandpa recently said when you dress with disrespect for your body you give others permission to disrespect you. I don't know about giving other's permission, but I'm sure you've seen women in bad relationships with men that don't respect them or treat them well. Oftentimes those women dress and act with little self-respect. It's sadly common site in high school to see scantily clad girls being harassed by lustful boys and men.
Jesus also said to anoint your head and wash your face when you fast, that we not "appear to fast" or try to get attention or worldly praise from our sacrifice.
A virtuous woman dresses with respect and cleanliness not only by following appropriate guidelines for dress but also by loving her body, recognizing the gift and sanctity of life.
Until the next blog entry I remain yours,
Paige the Blogger Woman
Comments