Skip to main content

Happy New Year y'all!







2010! Gone! Whoosh. Like a speeding train life rushes by. At times we ride the train and looking down at our feet the time seems to stand still, moments we spend looking out the window rush past us like the blurred tops of trees.





Thomas and Spencer early 2010





I admit part of the joy and excitement of 2010 is looking forward to 2011. The biggest news this past semester being that John was hired by Pariveda Solutions in Dallas, TX and we'll be moving there in 4 short months. The other little detail of our lives is that we are expecting a baby to arrive there a couple months later. I personally choose this as my excuse for not blogging these past 3 months. I wasn't too overwhelmingly nauseated, but we can pretend it was really really bad, and I couldn't bear to type hardly anything let alone a blog post.





Thomas Easter 2010


Thomas and Spencer Nov 2010



In other news (I'll pretend you're still reading this after the big news has been dropped) Thomas has started taking quiet time instead of napping some days and is now in 3T clothes. I'm shocked. You probably aren't because you know he's 3 this month so he mind as well look it. He loves all things train, building drawing and watching daddy draw train tracks and then putting trains on them. He's beginning to sing songs all by himself including Twinkle Twinkle, and Santa Clause is Coming to Town. His favorite movie is Cars. He will still eat most foods and as a mom that is something I can appreciate. He loves to tackle his brother and catch him unawares pushing him down. There are times when his brother actually enjoys this abuse and giggles. He giggles and giggles and giggles. It is a wonderful site to behold. Thomas loves the letter T, Dr. Suess, bikes, daddy, singing, drawing, mommy, baking cookies and waffles, and his baby brother.








Spencer Summer 2010







First haircut Nov 2010





Spencer is still one and loves all things Thomas. Unlike Thomas at his age he cannot jump or speak a gazillion words, but we still love him for his sweet and cuddly disposition, his blue eyed charm, and his backward tackle. If you lay down on the carpet there's a good chance a little baby will come and back into you until his legs touch you and then fall backward onto your head or stomach and then start bouncing on you. He laughs when he rolls off and goes at it again. He specializes in growling, snarling, shreiking, and other low manly baby sounds. He is allergic to oatmeal. (Who's allergic to oatmeal?) But it seems to be a minor allergy that will pass with age. We love our sweet little pudgy-legged guy.






John circa 1990



John is growing up. He's grows more handsome with the passing years and each semester his vocabulary grows more illustrious. He is quick to lend a helping hand, more than happy to disassembly children's toys to remove the sound makers, and industriously helpful and productive at work, school, and most importantly at home. He loves being a dad, and grows increasingly talented, creative and fun doing so. His train drawings have developed from chicken scratches to almost surpassing Mommy herself in drawing hopper cars, tenders and coupling rods. He's excited to move to Dallas and see where life takes him vocationally. He's already busy with work and school this semester and has enjoyed taking a much needed Christmas holiday break to California as well as here at home. He even got to spend some time last week working on a film, the first time in months he's indulged his hobby.






John and Paige Fall 2005




Paige is enjoying not having morning sickness and accepting the fact that once life seemed manageable and organized it began unravelling and that it won't get itself back together again until way after the baby is born, but we can pretend this lower standard of productivity is true amazingness. She also pretends the beautiful sunlight pouring in through the windows speaks of greenery and warmth outside, turning a blind eye to the foot of snow covering everything as far as the eye can see. She is more than pleased with the changes that have occured this year as Spencer and Thomas have grown older. Diapers don't really bug her, but Thomas becoming potty trained is one of the most glorious things in our lives right now, and Spencer feeding himself is likewise encouraging. The idea that John will graduate soon is like light at the end of a very long tunnel. Paige came to Utah for school in 2003 and all these years later is ready to leave for the next great adventure. It will be sad to move away from good friends. Fortunately we don't have to say good bye just yet!




Comments

Andy said…
Stop it with all this leaving talk! Your family is so beautiful and I will miss you so much when you go to Dallas-- maybe I'll have to have my own babies instead of just borrowing yours.
Amanda said…
Hey! Congrats on another little baby! Should be an adventure!

And good luck in Dallas. That's really exciting!
Wow, you guys have a lot going on! Congrats on your pregnancy!! And congrats to John on graduating soon and getting a job! I would love to live in Dallas. House prices there are awesome! Good luck with the move!

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Spencer!

Spencer David Wilson was born on Monday at 5:42 am, at American Fork Hospital. A few hours later John and I agreed on a name for him at last. He was 7 pounds, 5.2 ounces, and 20 inches long. He has dark fine baby hair. It is so soft! He has a very red complexion compared with Thomas, and a fuller face and darker hair. My mommy has come to take care of me and we are having a great time in spite of having a flu bug which has gotten to several people unfortunately, including my mom and my sister and Thomas, but not John, Spencer, or me. Everyone is on the mend so we are praying for no more sickness! I delivered with the Mt. Timpanogos Women's Health Center and Claudia was my midwife, and Joanne was my doula and Kimmi my nurse. Karyann my sister, and John were also there and it was a great experience to have such a devoted team! I can't begin to tell you what a completely different experience it was compared with Thomas' birth. Everyone was emotionally there as well ...

A Pregnant Post by Paige about Pregnancy

Here's the belly progression: 6 Months 8.5 Months Warning! This post may contain personal musings about pregnancy. It may read like a journal. It may contain baby excitement and overall feelings of joy. So I have been stepping on things lately. Mostly toys. How is this possible, you ask? Those of you familiar with my adroit walking skills may be puzzled at this point. I know I was until I took a shower this morning. And I couldn't see my feet at all; not a hint of them, no toes, nothing, not even when leaning forward could I see anything but a belly button sun on the horizon of a large earth belly. And that is why I've been stepping on things. Thomas' toy hammer, a plastic giraffe, the zipper of John's coat . . . The loss of my peripheral vision going down is apparently complete. I can't see where I am stepping! What a frightening feeling. I have also been walking into common household objects with my belly. Doorknobs and chairs. Major medial disco...

Sweepstakes! Paige wins MONEY!!!

Don't you love starburst? http://www.starburst.com/ Yes, this is a promotional blog entry because of how much I love my Grandma and Grandpa, Pinatas and, Starburst! Oh, and money. Once upon a time in the summer of 2009, Paige went on a family reunion trip to the middle of nowhere after which reunion John blogged about life preservers on horseback. (Follow links on the right to read John's blog) Before we returned home to the safety of our own life jacket-less lives, we enjoyed a pinata with the cousins. Hiding behind the tree from which the pinata swung violently, I safely would look out for breakage in the pinata and subsequent candy wreakage on the grass beneath. Finally my moment arrived! Among the 20 grandchildren or so present, I dove into the mass of cousin arms and legs and grabbed at all candy visible and invisible (the candy under Colton when he decided to lay on the stash for its protection). I realize now that the failures of my youth to gather pinata can...