So lately I've been cutting off pants to make shorts and trying to find other ways to invent Dallas-friendly clothing from a waste-not want-not perspective. Here are a few projects to show you so far:
This dress is not a maternity dress

Handsome

Handsome #2 wanted a modelling gig too
And then I sewed them into these handsome church slacks. Unfortunately they're a little short. He wore them a couple times and they are altogether too small, but it was an adventure and I can't wait to make more pants/shorts! I have some men's button down shirts from John that might make awesome kids'wear.
They were so easy and quick. The bias tape makes a nice finished edge so you don't have to be an expert to get a clean professional-looking corner. I made three, one for a birthday boy, and one for each of my little dwarves. I'll definitely be making more of these in the future!
This dress is not a maternity dress
But this skirt is, complete with yoga band top!
This cute romper was given to me by my lovely and generous cousin Belinda
I cut off the bottom and hemmed the shirt part. It was so fun!
Handsome
My impatient midnight oil picture version
Handsome #2 wanted a modelling gig too
So I've been brimming with excitement and impatience to sew a pair of pants like Dana's on Dana-made-it and finally I got a chance! I used the scrap material from a pair of Old Navy maternity pants from when I was pregnant with Thomas that I cut into shorts for myself.
And then I sewed them into these handsome church slacks. Unfortunately they're a little short. He wore them a couple times and they are altogether too small, but it was an adventure and I can't wait to make more pants/shorts! I have some men's button down shirts from John that might make awesome kids'wear.
They were so easy and quick. The bias tape makes a nice finished edge so you don't have to be an expert to get a clean professional-looking corner. I made three, one for a birthday boy, and one for each of my little dwarves. I'll definitely be making more of these in the future!
Comments