Today while playing with playdough Thomas got really upset that he didn't have anymore playdough and that I wouldn't just give him Spencer's. He sat on the floor and cried and was very sad and getting frustrated. I sat on the floor with him and held him- I felt bad that he was so sad. Spencer came over and started pulling big chunks of his own playdough away and handing it to Thomas until he had given almost half of it to Thomas. I praised him and he giggled with joy. Spencer is such a sweet and loving child.
Luke woke up and started crying. Thomas yelled, "I'm going to go rescue him!" And he ran up to the bed and started singing to him and talking and at first it wasn't calming the baby until he started really sing-song music. It was up down up down teeter totter music. Then he got down to run and get a toy and Luke cried while he was gone (!) and Thomas ran as fast as he could and Luke settled down when he got back and Thomas picked up singing and shaking the rattle toy. And then while singing he said, "Mommy come quick Luke is sad!" and he sang, "You are the best baby in the word, and you came from heaven, and I want you, and you came from heaven and we call you baby Luke. Look a baby G'raff!" As if he's literally trying to buy me time by making Luke happy as a pinch hitter sitter.
Comments