Inspired by a poignant tale from the past, friend's current family traditions as well as imagination and Pinterest, I set out last year hoping to win my family over to the idea of a handmade Christmas with a meaningful donation or project at it's heart.
For months I collected adorable ideas others have made for family and friends, mostly my little boys.
Autumn came, bringing with it morning sickness which wasn't so intolerable as it was tiresome and uninspiring. My plans for getting an early start on my project making were postponed.
In the end, I just made a couple things and it was nice. Not exactly the big wow I had in mind but still very nice.
| Two 12-18 month baby skirts from woman's skirt |
Since Christmas, my sister Rebecca and I repurposed a woman's skirt into two baby skirts, one for me and one for our niece.
| Santee Alley |
Well, not for me, for the little peanut. Or as Spencer says "peanuk." Not that we call her peanut. We call her baby Jane.
By the way, I adore the clearance rack at Target where I found so many sweet little baby clothes. Especially around Thanksgiving, before black Friday. I swoon just thinking of the 1-4 dollar buys I snatched up.
| Don't you love this old LA architecture? |
Comments