Skip to main content

Hey Lukey You're so Fine


Luke will be 2 in a few months, so he's at that age when he's learning so many new things and growing and changing that he's constantly surprising and fun to watch.  He's also fiesty and obstinate as he develops individuality and seperateness from his brothers.  At the same time he's adorable and personable with his blondey blonde hair and blue eyes.  He says the sweetest things like tada! and alwighk! (alright) and stupik! and I hake that.  Most of his cute phrases are learned from Spencer in Spencerese.


Beginning Thursday, he's been fighting with Spencer.  Where they used to play separately they are collaborating and sharing, however, more and more often they are coming to impasse's where they both end up screaming gridlocked together grasping either end of some toy.  It's beautiful and exasperating within mere moments of each other.  They play and talk together and this morning in church when they bonked heads they took turn kissing each other's heads, then got distracted and kissed each other's faces.  It's so sweet to hear Spencer talking to Luke in his high baby voice, when Spencer's voice is already so incredibly high.  "You want this train, Lukey?"


Luke's greatest fascination is with balls.  He enjoys t-ball, soccer, and catch, but the most of all he loves basketball.  He calls all balls basketballs, and when he finally gets one in his hands he says, "hoop?"  The other day he fell down on the cement while playing a ball game with Grandma Root, and as he was lifting his head off the pavement he saw the ball he had been chasing and opened his mouth in a wide grin.  He had spotted his bouncy ball!


In the morning, Luke tugs and tugs at my fingers with his little hands, "dinnertime dinnertime!" which translates to, "Get up and make me breakfast!"  He runs in a little pitter patter rhythm through the house, his head bobbing up and down, happy that he has gotten me to follow him.  Throughout the day he thinks of abstract ideas and activites that he likes and brings them up to me, continuously catching me by surprise.  Last week he played with his Aunt Sarah and then yesterday he came in my room in the morning and said, "Sawah?"  He wanted to know where she was.  He also shares a special bond with his Aunt Deana, so this morning when I was on the phone with Aunt McKayla and I asked him to say hello to her, he insisted on talking to Deana instead and yelled, "Deana deana deana!" until I took the phone away.  He wasn't mad he was just insisting that it was Deana, hooray!  One of his talents is loving people, especially his family.  Today at church we were in the hall between classes and Luke saw Thomas walking to his Sunday school class.  Luke was so happy he forgot his shyness around strangers and told a man walking by, "Thomas, there! Thomas!" while he pointed.  The man was a little confused but fortunately he smiled anyway.


I love you Lukey!

Mommy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Spencer!

Spencer David Wilson was born on Monday at 5:42 am, at American Fork Hospital. A few hours later John and I agreed on a name for him at last. He was 7 pounds, 5.2 ounces, and 20 inches long. He has dark fine baby hair. It is so soft! He has a very red complexion compared with Thomas, and a fuller face and darker hair. My mommy has come to take care of me and we are having a great time in spite of having a flu bug which has gotten to several people unfortunately, including my mom and my sister and Thomas, but not John, Spencer, or me. Everyone is on the mend so we are praying for no more sickness! I delivered with the Mt. Timpanogos Women's Health Center and Claudia was my midwife, and Joanne was my doula and Kimmi my nurse. Karyann my sister, and John were also there and it was a great experience to have such a devoted team! I can't begin to tell you what a completely different experience it was compared with Thomas' birth. Everyone was emotionally there as well ...

A Pregnant Post by Paige about Pregnancy

Here's the belly progression: 6 Months 8.5 Months Warning! This post may contain personal musings about pregnancy. It may read like a journal. It may contain baby excitement and overall feelings of joy. So I have been stepping on things lately. Mostly toys. How is this possible, you ask? Those of you familiar with my adroit walking skills may be puzzled at this point. I know I was until I took a shower this morning. And I couldn't see my feet at all; not a hint of them, no toes, nothing, not even when leaning forward could I see anything but a belly button sun on the horizon of a large earth belly. And that is why I've been stepping on things. Thomas' toy hammer, a plastic giraffe, the zipper of John's coat . . . The loss of my peripheral vision going down is apparently complete. I can't see where I am stepping! What a frightening feeling. I have also been walking into common household objects with my belly. Doorknobs and chairs. Major medial disco...

Sweepstakes! Paige wins MONEY!!!

Don't you love starburst? http://www.starburst.com/ Yes, this is a promotional blog entry because of how much I love my Grandma and Grandpa, Pinatas and, Starburst! Oh, and money. Once upon a time in the summer of 2009, Paige went on a family reunion trip to the middle of nowhere after which reunion John blogged about life preservers on horseback. (Follow links on the right to read John's blog) Before we returned home to the safety of our own life jacket-less lives, we enjoyed a pinata with the cousins. Hiding behind the tree from which the pinata swung violently, I safely would look out for breakage in the pinata and subsequent candy wreakage on the grass beneath. Finally my moment arrived! Among the 20 grandchildren or so present, I dove into the mass of cousin arms and legs and grabbed at all candy visible and invisible (the candy under Colton when he decided to lay on the stash for its protection). I realize now that the failures of my youth to gather pinata can...