The last few weeks with Jane have been so nice, we are so happy to have a little girl! She is beautiful and happy and she has just started laughing sometimes when she's tickled.
She is still proportionately larger than the boys, which cracks me up. She sleeps through the night and that is the best thing ever.
The boys are very sweet with her, especially Spencer. He was good with Luke when he was a baby too. Spencer has a talent for connecting with younger children.
It seems like so many changes around here with Thomas starting school this week. He is so big and so small at the same time! I remember when kindergarteners seemed like babies to me, and I didn't even want to talk to them because they "didn't understand anything."
Obviously that was before I had my own children. Thomas is my big kid, and he is enjoying school very much, although this week was tiring. His teacher is on-the-ball, experienced, and fun and everyone in the school loves her. To paraphrase another parent, she is God's gift to the school.
Thomas loves to ride his bike to school and carry his little messenger bag.
The parents are all so funny peering in the windows once school starts to watch their kids looking through picture books at their tables.
I'm enjoying my time with Spencer and Luke while Jane is sleeping. They are so funny and have taught me so much already. I learned that Spencer thinks the color purple is black. And there's all kinds of gray area for what white is. And he knows peaches are fuzzy.
And they love scavenger hunts and walks. Spencer is learning to ride a scooter and it's so cute. Passerby's take double takes at his cute little body scootering around. He's a little out of his comfort zone without his big brother around, poor guy.
Luke is potty training! He kept his little training undies dry all day yesterday and I was so happy for him.
He doesn't understand why we drop Thomas off everyday and he doesn't come back home with us, but he is happy to play with Spencer.
John's new cycling hobby is picking up. He likes to get out there and see new places and enjoy the great outdoors. I can't believe he's biked over 50 miles in one day, it's crazy! But he loves the thrill of going downhill and seeing other guys out on his routes. He took his dad out one day, and totally sold him on road biking. They say men need hobbies, so I'm happy for him to have a good one.
I have had bronchitis for a month, and now I have allergies but I'm happy to know finally that it's allergies not a sinus infection. It's disappointing because I wanted to be running but I'm being patient and putting off stressing about things until September. I really like Thomas' teacher and I'm hoping to be able to volunteer in his class. I also have a bunch of fun ideas for Spencer and Luke and I'm interested to see how it goes without Thomas at home during school. We have had a truly enjoyable summer spending time with cousins, siblings, parents and grandparents. Going to the beach, parks, swimming, and riding bikes. What did parents do with kids before the invention of the bike?










Comments