Skip to main content

Good Morning

Mom Grouchy + Tired + Baby Grouchy + Tired = not happy morning. So somehow my darling baby was awakened by something/someone not in particular this morning while he was getting ready for work. And last night I was thinking this would be the perfect opportunity to sleep in, because he was so tired and it was so late, and he was sleeping like a little angel. Instead of waking up at 5 it was almost 6 when he woke up for his breakfast, and then went back to sleep . . . only to be aroused from his snoozing an hour later. And why am I so bleary-eyed and dizzy? Yeah. Not cool. I feel like I have a hang-over from too much cheese and crackers last night. So I made oatmeal and the munchkin practiced throwing his body around on the floor like a 2 year old, and screaming and then I fed him. Some good baby-friendly music helped a bit, and then we went in the living room, and he began insisting that his first word is tee or gee. He loves the Christmas tree!

I read him a nursery rhyme book in preparation for sleepy-bye and then he found the beach ball so we had to play catch for a bit. Well don't tell John, but I may or may not have accidentally possibly tossed the bouncy ball up onto the entertainment center, and maybe even taken out a set of unsuspecting wisemen, and then somehow when I went to grab the ball it fell behind the entertainment center. The little tyke recognized immediately that the ball had disappeared and began screaming and crying. I honestly had to keep my laughter between myself and the TV. It was like the ball was his little brother. Or worse, candy. You know how in emergencies adrenaline helps people do the impossible? Like pick up the car that's on your foot and take it off? Well, I've never had a car on my foot, but I new this was an emergency, and I miraculously moved the heavy wood shelf and I rescued that ball. As I lifted it triumphantly over my head the 'off' switch was flipped and Tommy Boy joyously smiled and put his arms out.

Needless to say we relished the next five minutes of bouncy ball and baby time, and then he yawned, and I wisked him off to beddy bye! Now I'm going to take a nap myself. Ringer's off I won't hear you calling me. But I check my messages.

Comments

LeMira said…
Well, you can come over anytime if you want. Sorry you feel crummy -- I really hope it doesn't last long for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Spencer!

Spencer David Wilson was born on Monday at 5:42 am, at American Fork Hospital. A few hours later John and I agreed on a name for him at last. He was 7 pounds, 5.2 ounces, and 20 inches long. He has dark fine baby hair. It is so soft! He has a very red complexion compared with Thomas, and a fuller face and darker hair. My mommy has come to take care of me and we are having a great time in spite of having a flu bug which has gotten to several people unfortunately, including my mom and my sister and Thomas, but not John, Spencer, or me. Everyone is on the mend so we are praying for no more sickness! I delivered with the Mt. Timpanogos Women's Health Center and Claudia was my midwife, and Joanne was my doula and Kimmi my nurse. Karyann my sister, and John were also there and it was a great experience to have such a devoted team! I can't begin to tell you what a completely different experience it was compared with Thomas' birth. Everyone was emotionally there as well ...

A Pregnant Post by Paige about Pregnancy

Here's the belly progression: 6 Months 8.5 Months Warning! This post may contain personal musings about pregnancy. It may read like a journal. It may contain baby excitement and overall feelings of joy. So I have been stepping on things lately. Mostly toys. How is this possible, you ask? Those of you familiar with my adroit walking skills may be puzzled at this point. I know I was until I took a shower this morning. And I couldn't see my feet at all; not a hint of them, no toes, nothing, not even when leaning forward could I see anything but a belly button sun on the horizon of a large earth belly. And that is why I've been stepping on things. Thomas' toy hammer, a plastic giraffe, the zipper of John's coat . . . The loss of my peripheral vision going down is apparently complete. I can't see where I am stepping! What a frightening feeling. I have also been walking into common household objects with my belly. Doorknobs and chairs. Major medial disco...

Sweepstakes! Paige wins MONEY!!!

Don't you love starburst? http://www.starburst.com/ Yes, this is a promotional blog entry because of how much I love my Grandma and Grandpa, Pinatas and, Starburst! Oh, and money. Once upon a time in the summer of 2009, Paige went on a family reunion trip to the middle of nowhere after which reunion John blogged about life preservers on horseback. (Follow links on the right to read John's blog) Before we returned home to the safety of our own life jacket-less lives, we enjoyed a pinata with the cousins. Hiding behind the tree from which the pinata swung violently, I safely would look out for breakage in the pinata and subsequent candy wreakage on the grass beneath. Finally my moment arrived! Among the 20 grandchildren or so present, I dove into the mass of cousin arms and legs and grabbed at all candy visible and invisible (the candy under Colton when he decided to lay on the stash for its protection). I realize now that the failures of my youth to gather pinata can...