Six Months
We had the most fabulous anniversary so far- I know we've only had 6- here's to many more in the future. At least 60 because I want to get me some diamonds. Yes, that's the "traditional" gift route.
Two Years
I think the whole "modern" anniversary gift route is just because people don't plan on making it to the jewels. So the traditional wedding gift for year 6 is candy or iron. I compromised and made John some homemade bread yesterday. It's like candy to John's soul. Or it's like something nice that you can give without leaving your house. Okay, it's not at all like candy, and I'm not that lazy or I wouldn't have baked homemade bread I just said that.
We started out the day by going to the temple, which of course was closed for cleaning. That was actually really fun because there we were all dressed up with nothing to do at a beautiful location all to ourselves, which obviously equals good conversation. Obviously.
So we had a great day because John got the day off which in and of itself was spectacular, and we farmed the kids out to babysitters and spent the day together having adult conversation, window shopping, going out to eat, visiting the Dallas Arboretum, touring the mansion there, driving all over, etc.
Baker's Ribs?
Umm. I never wanted to eat again because I knew nothing could compare to the awesomeness that is Baker's Ribs. But I did.
Seriously, you should go there.
And, back to me. I'm really cool. John is too, which is why I married him six years ago. Love you Babes.
Wedding Day- Notice the veil in mid-air falling off :)


Comments